Last updated: May 23, 2018
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third-parties, and automatically through Classical Guitar Shed. If you choose not to disclose certain personal information, it may limit your access to certain services or features, including account registration, and the ability to follow other Classical Guitar Shed users or share content on other sites.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on Classical Guitar Shed, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the Classical Guitar Shed. Once you create a profile, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on Classical Guitar Shed, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to Your Content. For more information about your choices for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Choices.
Your Content: We collect and store the information and content that you post to Classical Guitar Shed, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on Classical Guitar Shed, along with your name. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Choices.
Communications: When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through Classical Guitar Shed or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Engagement: We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable), and time zone, and other information about user activities on Classical Guitar Shed, as well as on third party sites and services that have embedded our plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about Classical Guitar Shed Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on Classical Guitar Shed to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization.
Purposes and Legal Bases for Our Using of Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Classical Guitar Shed uses the information we collect for our legitimate interests which include the following:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on Classical Guitar Shed, communicate with you about your use of Classical Guitar Shed, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in Classical Guitar Shed, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using Classical Guitar Shed.
- Advertising. To display interest-based advertising to you in Classical Guitar Shed, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the section below about Quora Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use Classical Guitar Shed; to evaluate and improve Classical Guitar Shed, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Quora, its users, or others.
- Your Content and Activity. Your Content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the Quora Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share Your Content across other sites or services. In addition, Your Content may be indexed by search engines. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
- Metrics. We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Quora Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Quora Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
- Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies and Tracking
Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use Classical Guitar Shed, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third party sites and applications).
Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Classical Guitar Shed has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using Classical Guitar Shed on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through Classical Guitar Shed, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within Classical Guitar Shed about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Anonymous Posts. You may post certain content anonymously, including questions and answers. In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content, and Classical Guitar Shed does not associate such content with your user ID and other profile data.
Your Content. You may edit or delete the answers that you post at any time. Any questions you have posted may remain on Classical Guitar Shed and be edited by other users. Any deleted content will be removed from third party sites from which it has been shared via Classical Guitar Shed’s standard sharing features; however we have no control over deletions or changes to Your Content if it has been shared manually by others. When you make edits to Your Content, other users may be able to see the history of those edits in your profile activity and on content edit logs.
Emails and Communications. When you join Classical Guitar Shed by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the Classical Guitar Shed introduction emails containing content that we believe may match your interests. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Credentials. You can change your credentials that are displayed in your profile or in connection with a specific answer.
Deleted or Deactivated Account. If you choose Delete Your Account in your privacy settings, then all of Your Content will be removed from public visibility on Classical Guitar Shed, and it may not be restored by us, even if you change your mind. If you choose Deactivate Your Account, then you will no longer receive any communications from us, and users will not be able to interact with you; however Your Content will remain on Classical Guitar Shed. Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it any time by choosing to log in.
Personalized Advertising and Pixels
To opt out of receiving personalized ads on Classical Guitar Shed please visit allenmathews.wpengine.com/contact and select “I need help with my account,” to tell us that you no longer wish to receive personalized ads from us in the Platform. Please include a link to your profile in your request to opt out of personalized ads. Classical Guitar Shed may still show you contextualized ads relevant to the content you’re viewing.
Third Party Ad Networks
For information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks, go to:
- European Union: www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Canada: www.youradchoices.ca
- U.S.: www.aboutads.info Internet Advertising Bureau
As noted above, Classical Guitar Shed gives users several easy-to-use ways to exercise choices about their personal information in the Classical Guitar Shed.
Access Amendment, Deletion, Portability, Objection and Other Rights. If you have registered with us and wish to access or update your profile, or exercise certain opt-out rights, you may do so online by visiting the “profile” settings in your account. In addition, users may also have the right to be provided certain personal information in a commonly used format where technically feasible, and, under certain conditions, to object to or restrict our use of certain personal information. You may also contact our privacy coordinator, as set forth below, to access or amend your personal information, to request that we rectify, delete or stop processing your personal information, to withdraw your consent to our processing, and, if you are an EEA resident, to exercise your opt-out rights or place a data portability request.
Requests should be directed to email@example.com (or at the Contact Us information shown below). Please keep in mind that certain services will not be available if you withdraw your consent, or otherwise delete or object to our processing of certain personal information. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
Complaints. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
Retention of Your Data
We will generally retain your profile and related personal information for as long as you have an account with us. If you wish to “be forgotten” by Classical Guitar Shed (i.e., request the deletion of your personal information from Classical Guitar Shed), you will need to delete your account (see “Your Choices” section above). If you delete your account, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records, and enforce our agreements. Further, any questions you post, threads you start, or other Your Content that other users have responded to or interacted with may continue to appear on Classical Guitar Shed, but your user name will be removed from such content.
Transferring Your Data
Classical Guitar Shed is headquartered in the United States, and has operations, entities and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it, including through: putting in place appropriate written data processing terms and/or data transfer agreements, using contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission (the form for the standard contractual clauses can be found here), or following an adequacy decision by the EU Commission.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea), or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.