Murata Guitar Support Review
Square Click here to Purchase the Murata Guitar Support
Here’s some pros:
- You can adjust the height
- Very secure
- It is made from great materials
- A little difficult to find the right position
- The clamps can be too tight on the guitar and might even leave a mark on the finish
- There is not a lot of variety on where to place it.
(Description is from Strings by Mail)
The Murata GR-2B Guitar Rest is one of our favorite guitar supports at Strings By Mail. Here are some reasons why:
- It’s comfortable and feels natural. Your guitar moves with you, just as it does when using a foot stool — but without the lower back pain that a foot stool can cause.
- It gently clamps to your guitar with four adjustable rubber feet, providing great stability.
- There aren’t any suction cups, so you don’t have to worry about them detaching or marring your guitar’s finish.
With the 3-inch pole that’s included with the Murata GR-2B Guitar Rest (a.k.a. Aria Guitar Rest), you get 4.5 to 6 inches of leg lift. You can extend its range with replacement poles of 2 inches to 8 3/8 inches that are available separately in the Guitar Support Parts section of our website. With these poles, you can achieve a lift of 3 1/2 inches to 11 3/8 inches.
A hinge between the pole and the base allows you to rake your guitar the same as a guitar that sits directly on your leg. The support has a fixed angle, but you can adjust the angle by moving the base on your leg for an approximate range of 40-50 degrees.
Here are some more key features of the Murata GR-2B:
- The molded base that rests on your leg has a fabric lining to prevent slipping.
- The support collapses, making it small enough to fit in most guitar cases.
- Unlike most other guitar supports, this product works equally well for left- and right-handed guitarists.
The minimum width of the clamp when tightened is 3 1/8 inches, and the maximum width is 4 1/4 inches. This support will not fit correctly on guitars with tapered bodies because the support clamps are square.
You may also like…