What are Bar Chords?
Bar chords (or barre chords) can seem like the “Holy Grail” of guitar playing. Beginners fear them, more experienced players both love and hate them.
They’re tricky at first, but as you progress to intermediate and advanced music, you’ll find them everywhere.
**In case you don’t know, a bar chord is a chord that requires the first finger on the left hand to cover multiple strings. It could be just two strings, or it may need to press down all six strings.
This takes some special skill, a bit of strength, and a whole bushel of patience. Few people master the art of comfortable bar chords in one day. But over time, you’ll be using them fluently and without pain. This course will help.
Watch This Video to Get Started On Bar Chords
The Complete Course on Bar Chords
I created this course, All About Bar Chords because I am so frequently asked about them. They are incredibly helpful in playing the guitar, and eventually, most guitarists will get curious and embrace them. You’ll find them in most music at an intermediate or advanced level. And if you improvise, they are virtually essential.
Every master of guitar is well-versed in bar chords. So if you’re interested in guitar, at any level, bar chords are a worthwhile study. They’re a journey, and get easier and more flexible with time. So the sooner you start working with them, the better off you’ll be.
In This Bar Chord Course, You’ll Discover:
- What bar chords are
- What you need to know before tackling bar chords
- How to comfortably make a bar
- The 6 main “shapes” of bar chords
- How to identify chords in your music
- How to practice bar chords
- And more
With This Course, You’ll Be Able To:
- Play over 168 new chords!
- Play bar chords more comfortably
- Use less tension playing bar chords
- Identify what chord you are playing
- Memorize music more quickly
- Recognize chords in your music
- Confidently play more advanced music
- Feel stronger and more versatile
In This Course, You’ll Get:
- 25 Video Lessons
- Play-Along Practice videos
- Printable Reference Sheets
- Quizzes and Check-ins
- Lifelong access for future reference
- A system to understand how music works on the guitar
“Is This Course for Me?”
This course is for you if you already play some basic guitar, and would like to further develop your skills.
If you are just beginning, and have serious trouble just getting your fingers to go where you want them to, you may be better off waiting. You can still be a beginner and enjoy the course, just not in your first week or two of playing! (there are plenty of other things to work on!)
Whether you are interested in learning music theory and the way the guitar “works”, or if you would simply like to be better able to execute your pieces, this course will bring you forward and help you to play with more grace and a deeper understanding of the instrument.
Learn All About Bar Chords Today Only
$47 $37 ON SALE!
All About Bar Chords costs
$47 $37 (ON SALE) for lifetime access and all supplementary materials.
**Become a member of The Woodshed and get full access to this and all courses included in your membership.**
The Woodshed is a complete program to learn classical guitar.
- Access to every course on CGS.
- A step-by-step technique program.
- Access to a massive library of play-along skill-building videos.
- One-on-one feedback and support included.
The Woodshed is $49/month, billed automatically. Cancel anytime, with no contracts. Full money-back guarantee, plus keep this course for free, just for trying it. Learn more here.
After you’ve paid for the course, you can come back to this page and the modules below should be unlocked. You can view and access all your courses anytime on the My Courses page, found in the top menu bar of any page.