Last Updated: May 18, 2018
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Classical Guitar Shed, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of Classical Guitar Shed, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on Classical Guitar Shed.
What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by https://www.classicalguitarshed.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on Classical Guitar Shed may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around Classical Guitar Shed and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to Classical Guitar Shed and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on Classical Guitar Shed when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using Classical Guitar Shed, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how Classical Guitar Shed or the security on Classical Guitar Shed will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use Classical Guitar Shed e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how Classical Guitar Shed works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how Classical Guitar Shed is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Obtain data on the number of users of Classical Guitar Shed that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve Classical Guitar Shed by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for Classical Guitar Shed
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on Classical Guitar Shed so that it won’t repeat
- Show you when you’re logged in to Classical Guitar Shed
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to Classical Guitar Shed, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows Classical Guitar Shed to display targeted ads to you on Classical Guitar Shed.
We may use targeting cookies to:
- Display targeted ads within Classical Guitar Shed.
- To improve how we deliver personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on Classical Guitar Shed .
Additional Information About Advertising and Analytics
Classical Guitar Shed Opt-Out Options
To opt out of receiving personalized ads on Classical Guitar Shed: go to classicalguitarshed.com/contact and select “I need help with my account,” to tell us that you no longer wish to receive personalized ads from us in the Platform. Please include a link to your profile in your request to opt out of personalized ads. Classical Guitar Shed may still show you contextualized ads relevant to the content you’re viewing.
Third Party Analytics and Advertising
Facebook Connect. For more information about what Facebook collects when you use Facebook buttons on Classical Guitar Shed, please see: https://www.facebook.com/about/p….
Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on; if you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.
Please note that on Classical Guitar Shed, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
More Information About Targeted Advertising By Third Parties
A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy that has been produced by the internet advertising industry can be found at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
For more information about and to opt out of interest based ads from many ad networks, go to:
- European Union: www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Canada: www.youradchoices.ca
- U.S.: www.aboutads.info Internet Advertising Bureau
More Information About Cookies
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website:
What cookies do we use on Classical Guitar Shed? (Please Note: we may change the cookies we use at any time. While we will try to update this list within a reasonable time frame, this list may not always be totally up-to-date.)
First party cookies (Prefixed with m-)
Formatted as cookie name (technical name): purpose
- Browser Id (b): Used to authenticate your identity to Classical Guitar Shed
- Session Id (s): Used to authenticate your identity to Classical Guitar Shed
- Login Access Token (lat): Used to authenticate your identity to Classical Guitar Shed
- Time Zone (tz): Allows Classical Guitar Shed to display times in the correct time zone
- CSS Version (css_v): The last version of our CSS the browser has cached. Used for speed optimizations.
- Webfonts Loaded (wf-loaded, js-wf-loaded): Which of our fonts the browser has loaded. Used for speed optimizations.
- Cookie Messages (qm-<number>): Stores activity to improve personalization
- Login (login): Helps with issue detection
- OAuth Platform (platform): Keeps track of what page to forward to after authentication
- OAuth Target (target): Keeps track of what page to forward to after authentication
- Ad Conversion (conv_<number>): Used to optimize ad delivery
- Seen Advertisment (sa): Used to optimize ad delivery
- Login Redirect URL (login_redirect_url): Stores the url of last page visited so that a person can be redirected after logging in.
- Nux Redirect URL (nux_redirect_url): Stores the url to redirect a person to after setting up an account
- Page Size (page_size): Keeps track of the selected page size when using manual pagination
- Search Query (qsu-q): Performance improvements for searching on Classical Guitar Shed
- Recent Activity (tgvs): Stores activity to improve personalization
- Requested URL (toRequestPath): Fixes an Android OS issue with http_referer.
- Reload on Back (reloadOnBack): Forces reload when navigating back in order to show the latest information to a person.
- Ads Manager Filter Time (ads_filter_time): Stores a person’s preferences in our Ads Manager.
- Ads Manager Start Date (ads_filter_start_date): Stores a person’s preferences in our Ads Manager.
- Ads Manager End Date (ads_filter_end_date): Stores a person’s preferences in our Ads Manager.
Third party cookies
Formatted as cookie name (technical name): purpose
- google.com (NID): Google uses this to remember your preferences and other information. See https://www.google.com/intl/en/p…
You may also like…
Free Sheet Music