Classical guitar practice goes much better when we have a plan. And this plan is best decided on before we sit down to practice. So the main question is: What will I practice? Knowing this, we can get right to work and enjoy more productive time on the guitar.
- What to Include in Your Guitar Practice Schedule – This will tell you the main areas of practice to include each day.
- Technique vs. Repertoire Pieces in Classical Guitar Practice – How to decide how much of each.
- Practice vs. Playing – Get clear on the differences between “practice” and “playing”. We need both, and it helps to recognize which is which.
- Learn New Music? Or Keep Practicing Your Current Piece? – Know when to move to new material, and when to stay focused on the current piece.
The Elements of Great Practice
Ideally, we continually polish our music, as well as developing ever-better movement and skills. To do this, here are some of the main areas to include in guitar practice.
- Right-Hand Technique
- Left-Hand Technique
- Learning New Pieces of Music
- Polishing Current Pieces
- Maintaining Repertoire
All Lessons on Practice Planning
- 35 Minute Guided Classical Guitar Practice
- 4 Ways to Choose Your Next Piece of Music
- 7 Tips for Success in Online Guitar Courses
- Are You Practicing, or Exercising? The Truth Will Set You Free!
- Create a Before-Bed Review, and End the Day In Style
- Finding More Time and Energy to Practice Guitar
- Get More Done Practicing with the Pomodoro Technique
- Guitar Practice Check-In: The Painless Way to Fast Forward Your Guitar Practice
- Have a Positive Agenda in Your Guitar Practice
- How Long Should I Practice Guitar Each Day?
- How to Make the Most of Short Practice Times
- How to Practice Guitar with the Lilypad Technique
- How to Re-Start Your Guitar Practice After a Break
- How to use Easy Pieces in practice
- How to Video Yourself for Guitar Practice and Be Your Own Teacher
- Learn New Music? Or Keep Practicing Your Current Piece?
- Long-Term vs. Short-Term Guitar Projects
- Practice vs. Playing: The Rules for Constant Progress on Classical Guitar
- Review the Last Year: How to Assess Your Guitar Practice
- Split Practices for Faster Progress and Easier Scheduling
- Technique vs. Repertoire Pieces in Classical Guitar Practice
- The Amazing Power of 1% Improvements
- The Essential Ingredients of Great Guitar Practice
- What to Include in Your Guitar Practice Schedule
- When is the Best Time to Practice Guitar?