Classical guitar practice goes much better when we have a plan. And this plan is best decided on before we sit down to practice. So the main question is: What will I practice? Knowing this, we can get right to work and enjoy more productive time on the guitar.
- What to Include in Your Guitar Practice Schedule – This will tell you the main areas of practice to include each day.
- Technique vs. Repertoire Pieces in Classical Guitar Practice – How to decide how much of each.
- Practice vs. Playing – Get clear on the differences between “practice” and “playing”. We need both, and it helps to recognize which is which.
- Learn New Music? Or Keep Practicing Your Current Piece? – Know when to move to new material, and when to stay focused on the current piece.
The Elements of Great Practice
Ideally, we continually polish our music, as well as developing ever-better movement and skills. To do this, here are some of the main areas to include in guitar practice.
- Right-Hand Technique
- Left-Hand Technique
- Learning New Pieces of Music
- Polishing Current Pieces
- Maintaining Repertoire
All Lessons on Practice Planning
- Review the Last Year: How to Assess Your Guitar Practice
- How to Re-Start Your Guitar Practice After a Break
- 7 Tips for Success in Online Guitar Courses
- How to Make the Most of Short Practice Times
- Technique vs. Repertoire Pieces in Classical Guitar Practice
- Practice vs. Playing: The Rules for Constant Progress on Classical Guitar
- How to use Easy Pieces in practice
- The Amazing Power of 1% Improvements
- How to Video Yourself for Guitar Practice and Be Your Own Teacher
- Long-Term vs. Short-Term Guitar Projects
- Create a Before-Bed Review, and End the Day In Style
- Learn New Music? Or Keep Practicing Your Current Piece?
- What to Include in Your Guitar Practice Schedule
- Finding More Time and Energy to Practice Guitar
- 35 Minute Guided Classical Guitar Practice
- The Essential Ingredients of Great Guitar Practice
- Have a Positive Agenda in Your Guitar Practice
- Guitar Practice Check-In: The Painless Way to Fast Forward Your Guitar Practice
- Are You Practicing, or Exercising? The Truth Will Set You Free!
- Get More Done Practicing with the Pomodoro Technique
- How Long Should I Practice Guitar Each Day?
- How to Practice Guitar with the Lilypad Technique