Stage fright and performance anxiety are common. Most of us have physical responses to coming before a group and playing guitar or talking. Here you’ll articles on this topic.
- Why We Sound Better at Home – This article and video explore why we tend to sound at our best in the comfort of our own homes. (It’s probably not what you think!)
- Shaky Hand Syndrome – Discover how to deal with shaky hands, both in the immediate, and in the long term.
- 6 Tricks for Nerves – Tips on conquering butterflies.
All Articles on Performance Anxiety
- 3 Tips to Quiet Inner Dialog in Performance
- 6 Tricks for Nerves – Conquer Stage Fright and Performance Anxiety
- 8 Tips for a Better Performance (classical guitar or otherwise)
- Guitar Anchors: Turn Your Guitar into a “Feel-Good Button”!
- Guitar Performance: What to Do When Things Go Wrong
- Holding Your Breath? Should You Think About Breathing in Guitar Practice?
- How to Use Cold Showers to Reduce Performance Anxiety
- How to Use Your Eyes to Play (and Feel) Better
- Inner Game of Practice: Release Guilt and Accept Reality
- Perfectionism vs. Excellence in Guitar Practice
- Practice Mindsets that Improve Your Performances
- Shaky Hands Guitar Syndrome: How to Stop Shaky Hands for Better Performance
- Why We Play Better at Home, and Play Poorly for Others